Saturday, November 17, 2018

Review: Mardi Gras Murder

Mardi Gras Murder Mardi Gras Murder by Ellen Byron
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

You can’t go wrong reading about Mardi Gras, with it’s fun, colorful, entertaining, excitement, and that’s exactly what I found reading this book. The descriptions of the characters, the place, the atmosphere, made me feel like I was involved in the whole aspect of the book.

Maggie is the main character and the amateur sleuths. Gran’ is a judge in the Miss Pelican contest, but when she takes ill, she convinces Maggie to be her replacement. After a confrontation with another judge, Maggie latter discovers him in his car….dead. Of course, Maggie can’t help herself, she’s going to jump in and investigate his death. There’s also a another small mystery in the background, which helps break up the book so it’s not all about the dead judge, you get to know the character’s more and more in each book.

Maggie herself smart, edge, she takes risks but nothing that will put her in harms away. The characters can be a little quirky, but that’s what brings the life to these characters. The book itself is the fourth in a series, and I found it to be easily read as a standalone, without feeling lost and wondering who was who. The plot was interesting and kept me entertained and wanting to keep reading it. When I did stop I couldn’t wait to get back to it to see what was happening, I keep second guessing as to who dun it, but when I finally settled on the one, I was very surprised I got it right, as sometimes I don’t. The descriptions of the characters, the town, the history was very well written and not so over the top as some are. The humor of the book was well written and in all the right spots.

Overall, this book is well worth the read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment