Thursday, June 30, 2016

Review: Five Roses

Five Roses Five Roses by Alice Zorn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4 stars review. I would like to thank NetGallery for allowing me to read this book in return for my honest review.

For me, this was a slow paced book, however I kept wanting to go back and read it when I had the time. I don’t know if this is how the author normally writes, as this is the first book I’ve read by her, so I have nothing to compare it to. The characters were developed well and believable. There are so sad parts to the book which I felt help bring it to live.

The story takes place in Montreal, and centered around four women; Rose, Fara, Maddy, and Yushie, each women has her own secrets, torments, and ghost surrounding them. They are brought together and connect with each other in one way or another that helps them share their secrets and past. They each come from a different cultural, that takes the reader on a journey and watch as their past with help make their future.

One thing that I didn’t like was that there were still some unanswered questions and loose ends, that didn’t tie up the stories. I don’t know if there is going to be another book that will tie everything up and answer the questions or if this is how the author intended on leaving the books. Even through it was a slower pace book, the story was good, the characters were likeable and over all, I did enjoy the book.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment