Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Review: Whitehall - Episode 2: "Skilled Artifice"

Whitehall - Episode 2: Whitehall - Episode 2: "Skilled Artifice" by Mary Robinette Kowal
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5 stars review. I would like to thank NetGallery for allowing me to read this book in return for my honest review.

This book picks up where Whitehall - Episode 1: "Embarkations" left off. This time we learn more with the King’s mistress, and she brings drama with her. She doesn’t like the fact that King Charles is spending a great deal of time with his new wife, Catherine, as he should be after all they are married now, and they didn’t know each other before. However, Catherine is a quick learner and she quickly learned how to keep Charles’s attention. I do think the story does need his mistress in it because she would bring the drama that will help make these episodes to where readers would be engaged, even if it’s just to see what she is plotting.

I did find this episode just as intriguing as the first episode. It is very well written, fast paced, and kept me entertain. The only thing is it is only about 45 pages, and I want the story to continue on. It is a nice way to enjoy a short story if you have limited time, like reading it on your lunch hour, waiting for your children at ball practice or swimming lessons, or only if you have a short time to read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment